November 01, 2020
What Personal Data Do We Collect, When and From What Sources?
- personal information we collect directly from you
We collect personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you use our website; provide product reviews; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other personal information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect personal information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this personal information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
- information about your use of our Services
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
- personal information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain personal information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Cookies are small text files which an internet browser stores on the user's computer. If the user accesses the website again, cookies enable the computer to be recognized. A consequence of this is that data once entered is available, e.g. when an order form is completed again.
Cookies are used on a regular basis which are deleted from the user's hard disk automatically when the internet browser is closed (so-called session cookies). Other cookies may remain on the user's computer and allow the user to be recognized next time he visits a website (so-called permanent cookies). The user can at any time change the storage of cookies in the settings of his computer's browser. To do this, the setting "Do not accept cookies" needs to be activated. However, a consequence of this may be that a website may no longer be used to the full extent.
- personal information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect personal information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. If you interact with us on social media, we will also collect personal information about those interactions.
- personal information we derive
We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of clothing based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and Services you request, or that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, complete transactions, perform our contractual obligations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Process your orders, payments and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill and collect payment for our products and Services;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
- Debug and repair errors in our products and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety or property of Crazy Boxer or our customers, service providers and other third parties;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions or other agreements;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
- Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information is collected.
- We may share personal information about you as follows:
With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such personal information to carry out work on our behalf, including companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing and advertising;
In response to a request for personal information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and Advertising and Analytics
We may also work with third parties (such as Facebook and Instagram) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.